North Cyprus Estate Agents
Using Estate agents in North Cyprus
On 2nd January 2008 it became compulsory to use a registered Estate Agent in North Cyprus. There are a few exceptions to this. The owner of the Homebuyers Estate Agency is a registered Estate Agent. At present there are 129 registered Estate Agents in North Cyprus.
What should a good Estate Agent in North Cyprus do for you?
• Your Estate Agent should offer you a wide selection of properties all over North Cyprus and should have a detailed knowledge of the North Cyprus property market
• Explain to you in detail the buying process
• Explain the taxes you will need to pay and when you will have to pay them
• Your Estate Agent is legally responsible for some pre contract checks
• Your Estate Agent is legally responsible for registering your contract
• Your Estate Agent signature is also now by law required when you transfer the deeds into your name
• Explain to you the pros and cons of purchasing in the different areas of North Cyprus
• Your Estate Agent should help you view those properties in a safe and comfortable way
• There should be no high power selling techniques
• Your Estate Agent can help you plan your trip to North Cyprus
• Your Estate Agent should be based In North Cyprus for both legal and practical reasons
• Very importantly, particularly for anyone wanting to live in North Cyprus your Estate Agent should have an excellent after sales service and fully support you during your move to North Cyprus.
As you can see the Estate Agent you use for your purchase has a much more important role to play in your property purchase than a British Estate Agent.
So why have so many buyers buying property in North Cyprus decided to use The Homebuyers Estate Agency as their Estate Agent:
• English owned and managed
• The agency has offices in both the Kyrenia and Famagusta regions and has a very large selection of quality properties on its books.
• For the deeds of the property you have bought to be put into your name you require the signature of the Estate Agent you used. If you use an Estate Agent that belongs to the construction company that built your property this could lead to legal difficulties.
• We charge reduced rates of commission to the sellers as compared to other Estate Agents and because of this The Homebuyers Estate Agency can often help you to negotiate a very good deal.
• Excellent customer service throughout the purchasing process
• 100% after sales service
• Experienced staff all of whom have been through the buying process